Monday, July 6, 2009

Lots of Airport

I'm working on my 5th hour in the airport, and I haven't even technically left yet. Plane number one left Minneapolis at 6:25 this morning (on time!!), and arrived in New Jersey at 9:45. I collected my bag, switched terminals, and re-checked in for my actual flight...which leaves at 4:20 (only 2 more hours:) ). I'm a very lucky girl, as I got a day pass for the World Perks room, alas, I have as much soda, pretzels, and tomatoe juice (weird?), as my heart desires. This is wonderful, particularly because this particular terminal is 'under construction,' leaving alternative snack options as old smelling pizza, and possibly okay soft-serve ice-cream. Notably absent is any form of coffee joint. This is incredibly disappointing. Fortunately, anticipating such a travesty, I had more than my fair share of Caribou yesterday, and again early this morning before leaving MN.

A few pre-departure notes: 1) It appears I packed nearly twice as much to go to the cabin for 4
days than I did to go to India for 1 month. I wonder what this means...
2) My face soap has already exploded all over its (own) bag. I'm not
going to fix it.
3) There are 4 men sitting near me that are talking about the FBI.
I'm listening.
4) I will make a note to make sure I eat before taking malaria
medicine in the future.
5) I'm halfway through the book that is supposed to last until Delhi.
6) Today marks day one of a nail-biting free life (or at least a
month).
7) I feel very humbled, loved, and thankful for all of the people in
my life who have helped me prepare and wished me well on this
adventure. I will be thinking of and finding strength in you each day.
8) Time to buy jelly beans. I'm off...next update from Delhi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment